The UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC) was established in 2016 to facilitate and promote bilateral trade between the UK and Ghana. At the heart of the UKGCC therefore we champion the idea of partnerships and enhancing professional relationships between the UK and Ghana with a strong focus on increasing bilateral trade between the two nations.
The UKGCC is looking to recruit a Finance and Administration Manager. The ideal candidate must be a highly organised self-starter with a strategic approach to manage the accounts of the UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC) and take day to day responsibility for the administration of the UKGCC and its resources. It involves delivering regular technical accounting services, as well as demanding full compliance with procedures and effective accounts management. This includes ensuring that the UKGCC housekeeping and procurement function runs in an efficient and effective manner. The ability to work with limited supervision on multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines is essential. Candidates must be strong team players who can work collaboratively on multiple projects including with virtual teams.
- Finance Strategy: Contribute to the formulation of the UKGCC planning process by translating the Business Plan into finance functional requirements: balancing the UKGCC’s vision, relevant regulation and corporate standards.
- Management and Financial Advice: Provide Strategic advice on the financial management and performance indicators and related operational issues in order to support business decisions and act as an effective business partner within the team. Providing financial data and analyses to relevant internal and external parties as input for further decision-making.
- Financial Planning and Control Cycle: Prepare and communicate on budgets, formulate, communicate and monitor procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration.
- Financial Administration and Accounting: Consolidate financial data for the UKGCC’s funds, ensure processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable; tax related requirements, manage the ledger accounts as well as manage and maintain cash and liquidity levels aligned to standard financial regulations.
- Management Reporting: Collect, review and analyse and interpret (trends in) financial and non-financial data as well as engaging in discussions with senior management and the executive council.
- Administration and Management of Team: Manage the overall administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows whilst at the same time working with the executive director to develop and innovate work methods and procedures, manage budget and lead and/or participate in relevant projects as well as organize, recruit, develop and motivate employees of the UKGCC.
- Internal Control: Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas and implement measures to minimize the risk of irregularities, coordinate audits based on corporate compliance and audit procedures, safeguarding fixed assets.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus a professional accounting qualification is essential
- A second degree may be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in finance and administration with 5 of those years in a management role.
- grants management experience on international development projects could be an added advantage
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, conflict and ethical management skills
- Strong demonstrated analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets and financial analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
- Must have a strong work ethic with an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Must be resourceful in solving problems.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
Type of Position: Permanent
Reports to: Executive Director
How To Apply
Email your cv with cover letter addressed to The Executive Director, stating your salary expectations, at
by Wednesday, 20 April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will go through a reference checking and security clearance process.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED