Job Status: Full Time
Job Expires: 30th January, 2021
Job: Programmer and Monitoring and Evaluating(PM&E) Assistant
The African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth) is an interdisciplinary health professions organization that works with educational institutions, Ministries of Health, and other stakeholders to improve the quality of health care in Africa through research, education and capacity building with a focus on health workforce development and interprofessional collaboration. It is formed by individuals, universities, institutions, and networks from all the geographic and linguistic regions of Africa namely Anglophone, Francophone, Lusophone and Arabophone.
To be a responsive and leading African forum in the pursuit of excellence in health research, education and service provision.
To provide African leadership for responsive health professions education, training, research and service delivery through: (a) Partnership/Collaboration, (b) Networking, (c) Advocacy, (d)Resource mobilization, (e) Strategic communication, (f) Sharing best practices, (g) Capacity building, and (h) Transformation of responsive health professions education, research and healthcare deliver
AFREhealth is driven by the following keys values: a) Professionalism; b) Accountability; c) Mutual respect; d) Team spirt; e) Gender sensitivity; f) Excellence; g) Equity; h) Inclusiveness
- Duty Post: Kumasi
- Position Reports to: Senior Programme Manager
- Position/s Supervised: None
- Employment type: Contract up to September 2021; renewable subject to availability of funds
Overall Responsibility for the Programme and M&E (PM&E) Assistant
The PM&E Assistant will be responsible for two main roles:
1. Support programme management, planning and implementation across the various operational areas of AFREhealth as an organization.
2. Support the development and implementation of effective M&E systems and practices at AFREhealth.
- Assist with the planning of programme/projects activities
- Assist in coordination and implementation of program activities towards the achievement of programme goals and objectives.
- Assist with synthesizing and writing of reports of the organization, grants, subawards, and projects.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of materials related to AFREhealth projects and their respective results.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in the development, monitoring and evaluation of institutional strategic work plans.
- Assist in developing relevant tools and strategies as required to effectively monitor and evaluate identified indicators at the organization and project levels.
- Participate in establishing M&E systems and Key Performance Indicators at the project level, in consultation with project teams, to monitor project activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Assist in data collection, processing, and analysis on key performance indicators and the preparation of reports.
- Assist with grants and funding opportunities tracking
How To Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for the submission of applications: 30 January, 2021.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All staff members of AFREhealth, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the vision and mission stated above
- participate in the business development processes
- contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED