African Center for Economic Transformation Job Vacancy
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is a pan-African economic policy institute supporting Africa’s long-term growth through transformation. We produce research, offer policy advice, and connect key stakeholders so that African countries are better positioned for smart, inclusive, and sustainable development. Based in Ghana, we offer African-led solutions to some of Africa’s most critical development issues.
ROLE: Environment and Social Safeguard Specialist
- Monitor, follow up, update (if necessary) and assist the ACET TAP Implementation Unit (ATIU)
- Then, Develop specific screening instruments, and screen project proposed interventions against potential environmental and social risks.
- Moreover, Support the ATIU to update ACET’s Code of Conduct (CoC) and oversee signing of the CoC by employees, consultants and with selected partners as necessary.
- Also, Conduct a Training Needs Assessment of staff on their knowledge of E&S
- Additionally, Organize regular staff information sessions to ensure institutional awareness and compliance as well as staff meetings to provide updates on occupational health and safety regulations and inform of any potential staff policy alterations.
- Thereafter, Participate in joint implementation support mission
- More so, Assist the ATIU to prepare and submit to the Bank regular monitoring reports on the environmental, social, health and safety (ESHS) performance of the Project
- Afterwards, Advise the ATIU on the issues related to ACET’s business practices and project implementation
- Finally, Undertake other assignments as necessary in support of achieving the aims of this project.
- Prepare quarterly, and annual work plans and achievement reports on the scope of activities
- Inputs into, and review of an updated Code of Conduct to be approved by the ACET
- Training materials on E&S standards and process (and SEA/SH if applicable)
Qualification, Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies:
- A minimum of a BA, but preferable an MA in social science, sociology, social work, or other relevant social discipline.
- At least 5 years of work experience as a E&S specialist.
- Excellent communications, report-writing skills in English, and a high level of computer literacy are essential.
- Ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders including, government, the private sector, project beneficiaries and civil society.
- Agility and the ability to simultaneously work with multiple projects at different scale, size, and with varying timelines.
- Experience of working in policy research projects similar to ACET’s business model.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, communication and team skills.
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment, to travel and work under challenging circumstances.
- Have Experience in GBV prevention and response, social and sexual exploitation/sexual harassment management, mitigation, and preparation of plans therein.
- Then, Experience in gender, community sensitization on gender and women/children’s rights.
- Also, Should have Experience in World Bank project social and environmental risks management.
- Additional languages, in particular French and/or Portuguese.
WORKING AT ACET
The position will be employed as ACET staff, with a 6-month probation period, located either locally or remotely. ACET offers competitive salaries.
ACET is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination and harassments of any kind.
How To Apply For The African Center for Economic Transformation Job Vacancy
Please send your application to the ACET Human Resource Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position and a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work
- CV to include qualifications/competencies and relevant past experience in similar projects
- Contact details of 3 professional referees who can certify your competencies, professionalism, quality of writing, presentation, and overall suitability to this TOR.
Closing Date: 06 May, 2022
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held either virtually or in-person if the candidate is based in Ghana.
For More Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ghana AIDS Commission Jobs for April 2022
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Ghana Jobs
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT THE 13TH AFRICAN GAMES, ACCRA 2023
- Graphic Communication Group Job Vacancies
- Drivers Needed For Immediate Employment
- New Job Openings at FHI 360
- Johnson & Johnson’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Job Vacancy at Mutani Technologies
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Rainforest Alliance
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED