The Finance & Accounts Manager at Margins Group is responsible for all aspects of financial management within the company. The Finance and Accounts Manager will ensure best practice in accounting and financial management through the provision of high quality, consistent, robust, proactive and strategic financial information and advice to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Finance Officer.
- Maintain computer-based internal control and reporting systems.
- Maintain complete and accurate records to allow full and legal disclosure of the use of funds.
- Ensure the efficient and harmonious running of the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Maintain company financial records (both electronic and physical) in accordance with company law, tax laws and corporate policy and all other legislative and statutory provisions.
- Oversee the procurement of insurance for company property and staff.
- Ensure adequate procurement of goods and services for the company.
- Preparation overhead analyses.
- Prepare cash flow statements, income, and expenditure accounts and tax returns.
- Ensure preparation of bank statements and general ledger reconciliations.
- Budget, plan and forecast for the business units and implement performance measures for business.
- Improve the systems surrounding all aspects of the company’s budgets, forecasts and business planning.
- Establish and maintain costing models for the company.
- Plan project budgets, explore potential problems or opportunities and ensure that resources and staff are available to execute projects and assignments.
- Responsible for research conduction on finance-related issues, analyzing it and concluding on the information.
- Ensure the asset register is created and maintained/updated according to the required accounting principles and standards.
- Responsible for credit control activities within the company.
- Promote continuous improvement concepts.
- Train and review the performance of employees within the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly reports according to company standards.
- Hold weekly departmental meetings.
- Ensure staff within the Finance and Accounts.
- Department complies with all published safety and employee conduct rules.
- Perform any other duties including projects, specified by the Chief Operating Officer or Chief Finance Officer.
Perform financial analysis and trend reporting.
Education and Work Experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Accounting/Finance related field.
- Member of ACCA/ICA.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Accounting practice.
- Good computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Ability to use computerized Accounting Package Solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex accounting principles and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of inventory management and logistics procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Free Zone Company Operations.
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written
- Good problem solving and analytical skill
- Good time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- High standards of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and use initiative
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory abilities
- Should be fair and firm
Although this Job Description encompasses the duties of the role currently, Margins Group reserves the right to modify job responsibilities at any time in accordance with business needs.
JOB TITLE: FINANCE & ACCOUNTS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
DEPARTMENT SUBSIDIARY: FINANCE & ACCOUNTS
DIRECT REPORTS: NIL
LOCATION: GHANA, GREATER ACCRA-SPINTEX
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
Application deadline is Wednesday, February 3, 2021.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED