Safi Sana Ghana is registered as a limited liability company with its headquarters in the Netherlands. Safi Sana is a pioneering enterprise which promotes waste-to-resource by converting human and organic waste into added value products, including electricity, irrigation water and high nutrient soil enhancer for agriculture. It is one of the first companies in West Africa to deliver a replicable and financially independent model with a high impact on poor communities.
The plant in Ashaiman, Accra, has reached a proof-of-principle phase, and is ready to build further on its success story which includes investing in the team.
What kind of job is it?
The Technical Assistant will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and monitoring of the plant processes and standards are followed to the later and carry out where necessary maintenance work on the plant machinery.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate should have a sound knowledge in trouble-shooting, problem solving, hands on person and team builder and leader and a strong technical skill
The Technical Assistant is expected to perform the following duties:
- Carry out both planned and breakdown maintenance on company machines and equipment (CHP, conveyor belt, pumps, etc.)
- Be responsible for planned maintenance by using CMMS programme.
- Resolve engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information, researching, adapting and modifying engineering techniques.
- Recommend solutions, prepare drawings, schematics and diagrams. Evaluate components, materials and suppliers.
- Resolve design integration issues, develop specifications and safety standards; performing installations.
- Prepare guidelines by describing operational and testing methods and procedures
- Ensure proper inventory of spares /assets
- Ensure work areas are clean of debris after work has been completed
- Ensure the use of correct safety equipment and apparatus on site
- Ensure that safety protocols are in place and followed
- Monitor the safety performance of the team and contractors
- Ensure that downtime of equipment is reduced to a minimum level
- Supervise the operational team
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Technician III/HND/BSc Mechanical /Automobile Engineering
- At least three (3) years working experience required with a vehicle servicing company or manufacturing firm as a Mechanical Supervisor/Technician
- Proven supervisory and technical experiences
- Must have strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office plus basic Database Management)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team builder and leadership skills
- Able to work additional hours to meet business demands
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Self-motivated and organized
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Car driving experience with a valid license-car to be provided
How To Apply
Are you interested in becoming part of a pioneering and innovative working environment?
Apply now by sending the application to
This opportunity expires on 10th February 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED