Lancaster University Ghana is a partnership between Transnational Academic Group and Lancaster University, UK. Our campus is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK. We provide excellent and inspiring teaching and places great emphasis on a strong student experience, employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field. Lancaster University Ghana offers the exact same degree to the degrees offered at our Lancaster University main campus in the UK. This means that you will be awarded the same qualifications – as if you were studying at the main campus.
Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations. Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff. Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
Lancaster University Ghana (LUG) is looking for a dynamic, competent and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Human Resource Manager.
- Responsible for the effective management of the company’s Human Resource and Administration functions through the efficient use of resources.
- Setting the strategic direction for the HR Department and ensuring delivery against key objectives;
- Overall responsibility for the team budget – including staff costs, ensuring optimization of spend to maximize return on investment;
- Understanding key business goals and business priorities, able to apply to core areas of HR responsibilities in order to prioritize work and set goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention, development ,performance and salary/incentive management within the respective departments;
- Develop, review and monitor Human Resources and Administrative policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance and alignment with best practices;
- Identify and address learning & development needs of employees;
- Undertake staff performance management i.e. performance planning, review and appraisals;
- Ensure that all job descriptions are aligned with company’s strategic objectives and the duties performed by staff;
- Contribute to the resource planning with Faculties and Departments, supporting the management teams in the implementation of consistent people plans, HR processes and polices and TAGs HR initiatives;
- Build and develop the capabilities of Line Managers and supervisors through coaching and appropriate interventions including training workshops to assist them to maximize potential and consistently raise the bar on performance.
- Building a strong business relationship with the different stakeholders within the departments, facilitating the respective management team to bring best solutions for employees and company;
- Responsible for evaluation of all the respective processes including the definition of KPIs and measurement tools linked with an ongoing optimization of the workforce;
Working closely with the Provost, CEO and CFO to identify projects and initiatives that support the business and HR strategies and managing and supporting change within the business;
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration or its equivalent;
- Professional Certification in Human Resource;
- Good knowledge of Ghana’s Labour Law, Act 651 (2003);
- Knowledge of contemporary trends in Human Resource Management;
- Knowledge of Office Processes and Procedures;
- Good people-management skills;
- Good communication skills – oral and written;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to guard confidentiality of process and information
- Problem-solving skills;
- Good team player
How To Apply
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to
Closing date: 17th February 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED