REDAVIA designs, manufactures, finances, and deploys solar farms for businesses in East and West Africa to optimize power costs and carbon emissions while providing reliable electricity. REDAVIA’s global locations include Nairobi (Kenya), Accra (Ghana), Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania), and Munich (Germany).
REDAVIA has been recognized by several high-profile partner organizations:
- Nominated for the 2020 African Solar Industry Association (AFSIA) Solar Awards
- Received the 2016 Frost and Sullivan Company of the Year Award
- Nominated for the Bloomberg New Energy Finance 2015 Energy Pioneer Award
- Participant in the Climate Day at the 2014 Davos World Economic Forum
- Selected by the United Nations (UNFCCC) as a 2013 Lighthouse Activity
For more information, visit www.redaviasolar.com.
To help support REDAVIA’s rapid growth, we are seeking a supportive, professional, and energetic Marketing & Sales Support Manager, based in Accra Ghana.
The Marketing and Sales Support Manager will be responsible for:
Marketing Manager Ghana (>40% of the role):
- Help develop and execute on Redavia’s marketing plan, consistent with Redavia’s brand, overall stakeholder engagement plan, and sales targets
- Help deliver, maintain and update a range of communications materials, including print (reports, white papers, posters, leaflets), digital (photos, films, presentations), and physical (exhibition stands, information boards, etc.)
- Set up and enforce content production quality standards, and ensure that communication products are produced on time, are to a good standard, and adhere to the brand protocol (e.g. installation of high-quality billboards at REDAVIA sites)
- Oversee the production process, draw up a production schedule and ensure that production is cost-effective (e.g. high-quality photos of REDAVIA solar plants)
- Help develop and execute targeted campaigns, messages and strong communications collateral to be used as part of our engagement with a range of stakeholders.
- Help implement and use tools to regularly track the effectiveness of campaigns, website, and overall strategy
- Identify key media in core countries and sectors and develop a media engagement strategy to raise Redavia’s profile and influence
- Build relationships and networks with media actors, providing information and coordinating responses to media inquiries to secure exposure
- Help prepare communications materials for media relations – press releases, FAQs, etc including print, digital, and multimedia collateral; and to arrange media events (press conferences, briefings, etc) as required
- Build, maintain and continuously improve online and social media collateral including the website, keeping it fresh, lively and making sure it communicates Redavia’s key messages and activities
- Help devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company website and utilize online lead generation to drive sales
- Support engagement with host government institutions, such as energy ministries, to ensure formal and informal license to operate in Ghana
Customer Success Manager Ghana (>40% of the role):
- Function as the point person for customers after their solar power plant has been installed, speaking to each customer at least once a month and building peer-to-peer professional relationships of trust with business leaders.
- Customer satisfaction: Make sure that REDAVIA is setting and meeting or exceeding customers’ expectations, ensuring that each customer is happy with their experience with REDAVIA, specifically: Solar farm performance, financial savings, carbon emissions reductions, solar farm maintenance.
- Portfolio risk management: Support REDAVIA lease portfolio financial success and risk management, especially following up on lease payment status, observing and communicating early warning signs of lessee business struggles and increased payment risk and/or customer treatment of / any risks to the solar plant and any other risks.
- Document management: Following up on the completeness and correctness of all contract documentation and financial information required for customer credit scoring
- Upselling: Discover opportunities to upsell to customers to additional REDAVIA products, especially more solar power and energy storage.
Sales Support Manager Ghana (>10% of the role):
- Respond promptly to client inquiries and work with sales representatives to ensure all client-related inquiries are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner; follow up on issues as needed to ensure that they are suitably resolved
- Proactive outreach to new inbound and outbound leads after handover from Marketing for further account exploration and setting up prospect meetings
- Update and maintain customer/ account information in CRM (CRM used is streak.com), and other online tools such as TrackVia diligently
- Enable and support the sales reps and accounts to progress through the entire sales funnel and fulfillment process.
- Support handover of closed deals to operations, including tracking and maintaining contracts
Ghana admin support and office management (<10% of the role)
- Support admin function in Munich office with local presence (various administrative tasks)
- Ensure proper functioning of office equipment, e.g. printers
- Ensure timely procurement of all office supplies, e.g. stationery, marketing collateral
The ideal candidates for this position can demonstrate the following:
Attitude and personal qualities:
- Outgoing, positive, and friendly
- Proactive, strong, and independent
- Supportive and enabling to the rest of the team
- Resourceful, confident, and bright
Experience and skillset:
- At least 5 years of proven success in a similar role (B2B marketing, sales, and support)
- Organized, meticulous, and multi-tasking with an attention to detail
- Outgoing, good questioning and listening skills, personable
- Ability to see things through, process-driven
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, cloud computing, and related technologies
- Ability to work digitally within a globally dispersed team
- Fluent in English. French is a plus.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED