- Company: Research Firm
- Location: Ghana
- State: CapeCoast
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ghana – Consulting Jobs in Ghana
The Rice Value Chain Improvement Project is a project being implemented to improve rice production in Ghana, specifically, the Central Region. It is being funded by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)/ Government of the Republic of Korea in partnership with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of the Government of Ghana. The Project Management Consultant (PMC), is Dankook International Cooperation on Agriculture (DICA) which is responsible for general project coordination & implementation as well as training & capacity development while partnering with the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) as the implementing agency responsible for the delivery of infrastructure & Agric equipment.
DICA Ghana, PMC nominated by Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified consultants or research firms. The selected firm will be expected to conduct a baseline survey in the Central Region of Ghana. The main purpose of the survey is to create and implement a specific set of monitoring indicators related to the rice value chain improvement project being implemented in the Central Region.
The research firm/consultant is expected to generate baseline information and data on:
- Input technologies, Seed cleaning, and drying system (its impact), Farmer Management, Post-harvest technical input, Loss rate after harvest as well as relevant household data.
- Baseline data to measure and compare the impact of the project on the beneficiary of RVCI with that of non-beneficiary RVCI’s in the 9 communities of the Central region of Ghana
- The survey is expected to measure the project impact by
- comparing progress between experimental group and control group, and
- comparing differences in indicators between before and after situations of beneficiaries.The survey and assessments to be conducted are also expected to generate baseline information related to current trends in rice production in the region, specific inputs and support service available to both farmers and FBOs as well as economic and branding trends in the sector.
By providing benchmarks among the partnering organizations, the baseline survey will initiate a process for continued program monitoring to measure the impact of the planned interventions and activities. The baseline survey will allow DICA to understand the extent that the project contributes through training, Agric inputs, and capacity building among program stakeholders and partners.
The development and implementation of the baseline survey will also accompany the overall design of monitoring tools and guidelines, based on the recommendations of the contracted consultant(s)/research firm.
- Experience with working on research or projects with UN or international agencies will be an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions
The contract will be awarded to organizations following completion of all evaluations including negotiations if necessary. The selected consultant(s)/organization is expected to
- Commence the assignment promptly and on a date TBD.
- Finalize the protocol document including methodologies with the support of KOICA|DICA focal persons at the RVCI Unit (DICA Ghana office) in Cape Coast Ghana and;
- will submit a draft report within eight weeks of contract signing.
Interested parties should submit technical and financial proposals, including a budget outline to the RVCI Project Office as per the RFP documents and considering the following:
- Technical Proposals should be no more than 20 pages; Budget Proposal 10 pages max (Excluding CVs of key personnel and Supporting Documents).
- Attachments: 1) consultant/firm qualifications and/or references; and recent project history (limit 5 entries); 2) CVs of key personnel
- All applications and supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com
For further enquires contact us on
+233 50 717 8376.
A minimum of five (5) years experience in conducting research work preferably in the Agric or rural sectors of Ghana.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED