Successful candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Interpret court proceedings from local or foreign languages to English language and vice versa
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised accredited institution: academic qualification in the spoken language(s) will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Application and knowledge in the use of the Internet
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English language.
- Good oral communication in any of the followings sets of languages/dialects
- Must speak at least three (3) local languages.
UPPER EAST REGION
- Gruni and any two of the following: Hausa, Fulani, Kassim, Talenai Bull and Twi
- Kusaal and any two of the following Hausa, Moshi and Twi.
- Kasem and any two of the following Moshi, Nankan and Boli.ASHANTI REGION
- Twi (Asante) and any two of the following: Hausa, Ewe, Gruni. Dagbanni, Dagaaba and Fulani
BONO, BONO EAST & AHAFO REGIONS
- Twi (Bono) and any two of the following: Gonja, Fulani, Kusaai and Dagaare.
- Twi (Fante or Asante) and any two of the following: Hausa, Fulani, Nzema, Etutu (Guan), Wassa and Ewe.
- Twi (Akuapim or Asante) and any two of the following: Krobo, Hausa and Ewe
WESTERN/WESTERN NORTH REGIONS
- Nzema and any two of the following: Fante, Ahanta and Brosa
- Wassa and any two of the following: Ewe, Fante, Nzema.
GREATER ACCRA REGION
- Ga and any two of the following Dangbe, Twi, Ewe and Hausa.
- Dangbe and any two of the following: GaTwi, Ewe and Hausa
Volta Otl Regions:
- Ewe and any of the following: Krobo, Guan Hausa, Twi and Futani
UPPER WEST REGION
- Dagaari and any two of the following: Waale. Sisaala and Twi.
- Nanumba and any two of the following: Dagbani, Konkomba, Gonja
- Gonja and any two of the following: Akan, Dagbani and Konkomba
- Brefo and any two of the following Dagaari, Waale and Twi.
HOW TO APPLY
NB: Candidates must show evidence of completion of National Service.
Applications should be directed to the address below:
THE JUDICIAL SECRETARY
JUDICIAL SERVICE HEADQUARTERS
P. O. BOX 119
The deadline for submission of applications is two (2) weeks from the date of the publication of this advert. that is 19th January 2021
Prospective applicants should note that the Judicial Service does not use recruitment agencies, individuals, or internet sites in its recruitment process.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED