Crown Agents was requested by the Ghana Ministry of Finance to undertake an impartial assessment of the Statement of Claims by Euroget De Invest SA (EDI) for the following hospitals contracts:
- Design, Construction, Supply and Installation of Equipment including provision of technical assistance in the form of training and 2-year maintenance for 2 new Regional Hospitals, and 6 District Hospitals; and
- Design, Construction, Supply and Installation of Equipment including provision of technical assistance in the form of training and 2-year maintenance for a 500-bed Military Hospital in Accra.
For the eight hospitals, Euroget De Invest entered into contract with the Ministry of Health (MOH)and for the military hospital, with the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
The main objectives of the assessment are:
- to confirm the contract validity of the claims, and
- to evaluate the monetary value of the claims.
Crown Agents seeks to employ the services of two Senior Contract (FIDIC) Claims Specialists, one each for the above projects, to complete the assessments of the claims who should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- a civil engineer preferably a member of a reputable engineering professional association;
- minimum 15 years’ experience in the design and construction of vertical infrastructure projects including FIDIC EPC hospitals;
- at least 10 years’ experience assessing contract claims (e.g. EPC hospitals’ contracts);
- experience in Ghana and in West Africa region is an advantage;
- excellent oral communication and report writing skills in English; and
- experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
The Senior Contract Claims Specialist shall do the following tasks:
- Review the contract documents provided by MOH/MOD to identify any missing documents needed to complete an assessment of a Claim;
- Examine all contract documents (e.g. performance security) and confirm that those have been prepared and agreed in accordance with the Contract;
- Examine each of the claims and sort them out into appropriate categories (e.g. claim due to adjustment of changes of costs);
- Determine that each claim is contractually valid and calculate the monetary values in accordance with the relevant general conditions of contract (GCC) and/or particular conditions of contract (PCC);
- Assess the following contract documents: 1) contract addendum; 2) extension of time; 3) suspension of time; 4) change or variations orders; and interim payment certificates (IPCs) to confirm how those relate to a claim and confirm validity;
- Determine that all contract documents (Taking-over certificate) for project components are in order;
- Prepare a report that summarise the findings of the assessment;
- Do any other tasks (inception or progress report) as maybe requested by the Project Manager or Project Team Coordinator.
- It is expected that the complete assessment of the Statement of Claim for either the eight hospital or military hospital should be completed within 9 weeks including preparation of a draft assessment report. The assessment is expected to be done remotely.
- The Senior Contract Claims Specialist shall report to the Project Manager.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED