• Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening Activity. This Activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. The RING II – Systems Strengthening activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
• Under the supervision of the COP, the DCOP will be responsible providing technical leadership of the activity’s program implementation. S/he will provide managerial and technical support to the COP, assisting in areas including work planning, performance management, engagement with local counterparts, and strategic communications.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the COP in overall technical management and oversight of the activity including supervision of technical leads. This includes working closely with the COP and technical leads to develop work plans and monitor activity timelines.
• Contribute to the design of innovative, integrated activities system strengthening activities.
• Provide substantive involvement regarding development of technical management and oversight for the accomplishment of the objectives of the activity including the supervision of project technical leads.
• Support reporting, update, and implementation of the technical strategies, identifying technical assistance needs, and mobilizing required technical resources and staff.
• Responsible for harmonizing the objectives of the activity specifically ensuring effective complementary and efficient implementation.
• Ensures that lessons learned and best practices are documented and shared. Works with monitoring, evaluation, and learning component of project to incorporate lessons learned to enhance project results.
• Lead the development and timely production of quality deliverables to USAID, such as quarterly and annual reports, work plans, budgets, technical reports, and publications. The DCOP will work with technical leads, MEL and finance to meet these deliverables according to work plans and timelines.
• Assume primary responsibility for managing the work and monitoring the performance of international and local subcontractors, working with regional and technical staff to ensure that all activities and outputs are technically sound and appropriate.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in international development, agriculture, economics, public health, nutrition or a related field with at least 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years of progressively responsible management experience required, or Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 12 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with local projects related to community resilience; agriculture; nutrition; behavior change; community-based health; economic growth; market oriented interventions; and/or water and sanitation. USAID project management experience highly preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
• Create program execution frameworks to optimize resources and improve collaboration amongst teams/clients.
• Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
• Demonstrated team building and team management experience with an international development organization leading to high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner.
• Excellent writing skills required.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
• Verbal and written fluency in English required.
• Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• (10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates may send their CV and cover letter to:
Please include the position title and “Ghana RING II” in the subject line of the email. One email per position application.
Closing Date: 22 January, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED