Ghana Wildlife Society invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of Director, Conservation & Research
Duty Post: Conservation Education Centre, Accra
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Programme Managers (KBAs/IBAs, Migratory Birds and Flyways, Marine conservation)
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable based on performance)
- Responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and implementation of the Society’s Conservation and Biodiversity Research and programmes.
- Specific duties will include fundraising and project management, identification, planning and execution of mission oriented scientific research on biodiversity conservation issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A second degree, preferably PhD in the biological sciences (Botany, Zoology, etc.) Natural Resources Management or a related field with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a scientific officer position.
- Track record in project proposal development, coordination of field projects and programme staff is crucial.
- Proven communication skills (written and oral, particularly scientific reporting and presentation).
- Familiarity with basic computer applications and software (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, GIS, STATA and others).
- Ability to use statistical tools to analyse scientific data is required.
- A strong technical background and understanding of a range of conservation issues, including protected area management, sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes, conservation financing.
- Proven experience of large-size (over 1million Euros) project implementation, including financial management and administration.
- Experience managing teams to deliver complex projects.
- Experience working with partners, government institutions and communities.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a full CV, and a two-page vision statement for the position to:
Candidates may visit www.ghanawildlifesociety.org to download the terms of reference for the position.
Closing Date: 31st January, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED