Our client is an Africa focussed independent E&P company with producing assets in Ghana and across sub-Saharan Africa and South America. As part of ongoing expansion, the client is looking for an EHS & Technical Assurance Advisor to coach Client and Contractor team members to improve all aspects of incident notification, investigation, and lesson-learning processes.
The primary task is to work with leaders in the operations team (Client and Contractor) to develop a greater focus on process safety, including coaching on all elements of the Energy Institute PSM Framework.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- To review and identify improvement areas for incident identification, investigation (including RCA) and reporting processes.
- To coach teams on what investigation/causation analysis are appropriate for different types of incidents.
- To coach teams of what SMART actions are and how they link to causation.
- To coach team on action close-out assurance, including long term assurance of actions associated with high potential incidents.
- To review and identify improvement in reporting of incident/action status (periodic reports, KPIs, etc) across the business.
- To support improvement of processes with Client and Contractor incident investigation teams, while also reviewing and approving investigations
- To coach team on maximising potential to learn lessons from incidents
- To undertake assurance of Contractor investigations where identified as appropriate/necessary.
To promote consistency and improvement across Client organisation and key contractors (including Modec, Deep Ocean, etc) incident investigation systems.
Process Safety Management
- To coach operations leadership on key performance indicators associated with PSM
- To work with operations, maintenance and engineering team support improvement of PSM KPIs
- To coach leadership on balancing of PSM KPIs with occupational safety KPIs
- To coach site based operational teams of how PSM links to everyday operations
Required Education, Skills and Behaviours:
- Graduate in an engineering or EHS related subject or may have progressed into role via equivalent oil and gas industry experience.
- Ability to plan own work, assess progress, and adjusting efforts to meet goals (manage time, deliver outputs).
- Computer proficiency MS suite
- Be familiar with incident investigation and RCA software tools (Synergi is used)
- Effective and confident presentation skills.
- Expert at coaching individuals at all levels of organization.
- Expert in incident investigation methodologies, Root Cause Analysis techniques, reporting.
- Expert in process safety fundamentals (Energy Institute PSM Framework or equivalent) at the theoretical and operational level.
- Adaptable in fast-changing environments and delivers results through a pragmatic and positive approach
- Personal commitment to high EHS management standards and personal development.
- Personal drive for overcoming problems by selecting the best solutions based on defined procedures or precedence.
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Good communicator with an open and constructive style.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player.
This position is offered on a residential expatriate basis with the package to support your relocation.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED