Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To identify and assess the location, quantity and quality of mineral deposits.
- Interrogate QAQC and prepare assays for reporting.
- Perform daily reports on performance of drilling rigs and production meters.
- Monitor day to day technical drilling operations for compliance and safety.
- Deliver and own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services by following Newmont’s Health and Safety systems and protocols
- Oversee that all work carried out adheres to Health and Safety standard operating procedures.
- Conduct daily meetings to discuss Health and Safety threats.
- Identify and resolve safety issues within area of responsibility
- Supervise and prepare sample submission to assay laboratories; track and receive assay results.
- Assist with daily core handling functions (measuring, sampling, photograph etc)
- Assist in testing the mineral samples, preparing drilling proposals, planning drilling programs and track drill hole progress.
- Supervise and complete extraction, manipulation and plotting of data on plans and sections using exploration and mining software to visualize and present exploration results.
- Perform field sampling and analyze sample data for geological setting.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in geology ,Earth Science , Geological Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the mining or related industrial operations.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong mineral/rock identification skills required.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Behavioural Attributes:
- Team Player.
- Attention to detail.
- Work well under pressure.
- Constraints on exploration expenditure and man power.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED