Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
About GIZ Ghana
GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy, the environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
The Market Oriented Value Chains for Jobs and Growth in the ECOWAS region (MOVE) project focuses on building resilient cashew and rice value chains to contribute to the creation of jobs and income in West Africa, with ECOWAS as its main political partner.
The project is mainly funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), with co-funding from the European Union and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and implemented jointly with numerous private and public partners. MOVE intervention countries include Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria.
- Job Role: Finance Officer
- Project: Market Oriented Value Chains for Jobs and Growth in the ECOWAS Region (MOVE)
- Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
- Contract Duration: July 01, 2022, to March 31, 2023 (renewable)
- Location: Accra
Objective of the Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana Role:
The Finance Officer is mainly responsible for providing support within the department in dealing with all questions arising in this area.
- To begin with, applicants ensure that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures.
- Secondly, applicants will monitor the real accounts (payables, receivables) and report regularly to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and the accounting manager.
- Thirdly, applicants will submit the end-of-month accounts from the project accounting, cash books, as well as account balance vouchers (through or from WINPACCS) to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and thereafter, forward them to GIZ Country Office.
- Also, applicants will ensure full compliance with internal control/ auditing rules.
- Besides the above, applicants will carry out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software. Also, balance both books periodically. Additionally, applicants must always be prepared for both regular and unannounced dash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
- Moreover, applicants will calculate travel advances and travel claims, proper checking of invoices for accuracy.
- In addition to the above, applicants will train partners and advisors on accounting and financing procedures in accordance with GIZ requirements.
- Lastly, applicants will report all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE of Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- To begin with, applicants must have MBA/BSc/BA in accounting, finance, auditing, or similar area
- Secondly, applicants must have at least 3 years of work experience with a focus on accounting/ administration in a comparable position
- Thirdly, applicants must have good working knowledge in formal events planning with good management skills
- Also, applicants must have a good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems, (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications most especially excel.
- Furthermore, applicants must have a proactive attitude toward personal growth and institutional changes
- Moreover, applicants must have a strong command of the English language (both written and oral) is required, and knowledge of the German language is an asset
- Additionally, applicants must have experience with working in a multicultural environment, with good interpersonal relationships and negotiation skills.
- Finally, applicants must render result-orientated performance; willing to take up the responsibility
HOW TO APPLY for Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2022/MOVE/05/01
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider the application unsuccessful. That is 31st May 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- 2022/2023 Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment
- United Nations Population Fund New Jobs
- Job Vacancy Notice || Rural Bank Jobs for May 2022
- Apply Now || Donewell Insurance Ltd Job Opportunities
- Current Aviation Jobs in Ghana 2022
- Social Housing Company Available Jobs
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED