Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSR) with Head Office in London, United Kingdom, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Wassa East District of the Western Region.
Golden Star is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, religious belief, ethnicity, disability, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Golden Star is committed to maintaining a safe, inclusive and rewarding work environment where every individual is treated with respect. This includes fair employment practices that are in accordance with our Policy on Human Rights and United Nations Global Compact principles.
Golden Star is a responsible employer and may conduct screening checks and assessment so as to support informed decision-making on hiring, promotion and development opportunities.
A vacancy exists at the following areas:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate shall perform the following duties, among others:
- Handle and transport explosive materials in a safe manner according to standard
- Mark development and production faces and blast without close supervision
- Charge up holes, down-holes and development
2. EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST
To manage exploration work programs, near mine and remote, under the supervision of the Senior Exploration Geologist with adherence to standard procedures and safety policies.
- Undertake exploration work programs, remote or mine site, in a professional
- Undertake geological and geotechnical logging of drill core and field
- Prepare geological sections with planned holes to guide ongoing drilling programs under the supervision of the senior
3. ADVISOR, SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING
The Advisor, Sustainability Reporting will support the EVP, Head of Sustainability and team members to document and produce the company annual Corporate Responsibility Report and associated sustainability disclosures.
The incumbent will: support data collation, review and validation; draft report copy; undertake graphic artist liaison; undertake report and disclosure document reviews and improvements; and liaise with assurance providers.
4. IN-HOUSE COUNSEL
Golden Star is looking for a junior lawyer to work alongside our senior legal counsel in providing legal support on a full range of legal matters to the various business units of the Golden Star group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely advice on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business and affairs of Golden Star and its
- Draft, review and negotiate various commercial contracts and
5. SENIOR MINE PLANNING ENGINEER
To design future mine layouts capable of achieving production and mine development objectives, taking into account the geological characteristics and structure of the mineral resource.
- Develop and/or deliver elements of a strategic planning system, with guidance from Senior
- Create and update development stope layout drawing using AutoCad on daily basis
- Plan the medium-term mine plans, according to approved
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED