The Grant Writer/Development Officer is responsible for the full range of fund development activities for the Project Secretariat. These activities include grant writing and reporting with private foundations, development partners, donors and corporate bodies. Specifically, this staff is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and submission of timely and accurate reports for grant funded activities. The candidate will also be responsible for coordinating and implementing the organisation’s annual fund raising activities.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead proposal development processes and proposal response team, serving as overall goal owner, ensuring timely and efficient submission of quality competitive proposals and working with teams of technical, field and management staff.
2. Serve as primary proposal writer, drafting, editing, and ensuring final production of competitive proposal for submission to donor; use writing skills to transform technical content and conceptual design into polished final proposals that are responsive to donor guidelines.
3. Assist with the design and implementation of resource mobilisation policies and procedures in line with contemporary practices.
4. Develop and maintain a comprehensive database on current and potential donors, including their peculiar requirements and priorities for financial support.
5. Undertake follow-ups on financial commitments using appropriately designed tracking system.
6. Undertake targeted fundraising campaigns using appropriate fora.
7. Maintain a strong relationship with funding partners through timely and transparent communication.
8. Provide regular updates on grant and fundraising activities to the head of institution.
9. Assist with other fundraising projects as may be required.
10. Provide regular updates on grant and fundraising activities to the head of institution.
• A Master’s degree in Social Science, International Relation Studies, Communications or other related disciplines.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with grant writing.
• A track record of success in proposal development spanning diverse sponsors and/or agencies as well as the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
• Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
• Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
• Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft office suite
HOW TO APPLY
All application letters should be addressed to;
The Ag. Chairman
Standing Committee of the Editorial Board
Encyclopaedia Africana Project
P.O. Box 2797, Accra
Together with a detailed CV, Contact details of three (3) Referees should be submitted STRICTLY VIA EMAIL: email@example.com
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: by close of work on Tuesday 16th February, 2021.
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED