This job role is responsible for the physical upkeep of all vehicular facilities as well as managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation.
- Monitor, evaluate, and determine the priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing, and repair projects.
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and transport legislation.
- Review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to ensure compliance with established standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ensure direct off-site maintenance, repair, and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunctions.
- Ensure that there are adequate personnel, equipment, and material levels to meet transportation, maintenance, servicing, and repair needs.
- Direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to vehicles, maintenance, repairs, projects, mileage, depreciation, financial activity and assigned duties
- Direct the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of all vehicles; develop, implement, and supervise preventive maintenance programs.
- Periodically review repair work and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and efficiency.
- Recommend vehicles for replacement, prepare specifications, and arrange for auction or disposal, as necessary.
- Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for vehicle maintenance, repair, operation, servicing, and procurement functions.
- Analyse and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Provide technical information and assistance to the Management regarding automotive needs and issues; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure that all parts and supplies are charged out to the proper repair order.
- Fill out necessary paperwork and documentation as required
- Ensure conformance with vehicle manufacturer’s service manual and bulletins.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A minimum degree qualification in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8-10 years as an Engineer (of which at least 5 years are spent in managerial position i.e. Maintenance and Transport Manager or equivalent managerial position).
- Experience in planning transport and maintenance operations.
- Must understand the construction industry.
- Must have experience in handling large fleets.
- Must have solid understanding of financial management.
- Must be willful and firm.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well organized and dependable.
- Must possess strong leadership abilities.
- Must possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to plan effectively.
- Must possess strong follow-up skills.
- Must possess strong people management skills.
How To Apply
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED