Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ Impact Hub locations, more than 16,500 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1,000 Makers, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society.
From Amsterdam to Accra, Manila to Ottawa – we provide access to spaces, resources and connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is looking for an experienced communications professional to join our senior leadership team and take our communications activities to the next level.
This person will have ownership and responsibility for delivering a world-class global communications strategy, with a primary focus on public relations and digital marketing. Our communications have followed the development of our business activities and improved significantly over the last few years but now we need to take a solid and strategic step towards expanding the visibility and engagement around our work and cause. This is an opportunity to lead a small-high performing team (including team members and vendors) that will implement a results-driven strategy to attract different players to our cause with different levels of engagement. This position will also work closely with five other Directors and report to our Global Executive Director on the 2030 strategy and execution of the work done by the organization globally. The role will join an existing team providing passionate service to the world’s largest network for social and environmental impact and take its communications activities to the next level. This position is open to applicants from any global cities where Impact Hub has an existing presence.
Management, communications strategy and marketing – 45% of capacity
- Responsibility for the global communications area and strategy (brand, public relations & marketing).
- Develop and implement strategies for ad hoc communications activities and global communications campaigns.
- Scoping, refinement and supervision of communications channels (social media, internal platform for members & partners communications, websites, etc.) development and content creation strategy together with the Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Team management and leadership.
- Liaison with different teams, staff and members of our network and a diverse number of external stakeholders, including vendors.
Branding – 20% of capacity
- Brand development and governance.
- Refinement of global and regional narratives and positioning.
Public Relations – 35% of capacity
- Media relations – directly and/or through vendor’s support.
- Speaking opportunities’ strategy and implementation.
- Internal and external stakeholders engagement.
- Strategic partnerships building and management.
- Communications crisis management.
Are we a match?
- Ideally, you have direct experience with inclusion and/or environmental topics and have previous work experience in the social enterprise, social innovation sectors.
- You have a proven record in strategic communications thinking and overseeing effective execution (10+ years of experience) through building and effectively managing a team and internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience in managing a network brand and developing and growing brands in a digital global environment.
- You are experienced in public relations and have a good understanding of campaigning.
- You are experienced in media relations, stakeholder engagement and crisis management.
- You are a hands-on professional who has worked in a small team, ideally in an entrepreneurial setup and with limited resources but lots of creativity and opportunities.
- You are able to holistically analyze the organization’s needs and design and execute a coherent strategy that drives strong thought leadership positioning, visibility and engagement.
- You are able to identify trends and opportunities and can translate them into smart communications interventions for our network.
- You are able to work with vendors where necessary.
- You are comfortable with writing reports for different stakeholders and you are used to communications metrics and analysis.
- You consider yourself a Communications Expert and a Team Leader.
- You are fluent in English and can confidently write and speak with various audiences on multiple channels.
- You are a fast learner, who has the ability to manage in high complexity, unknown situations and be a calming force when conflict arises.
- Role: Global Communications Director.
- Legal Form: Independent Contractor if outside of Austria or Germany, employment if based in Austria or Germany, if in Europe VAT registration required.
- Reporting: Global Executive Director.
- We are looking for a full-time engagement (40 hours per week) with a flexible working schedule.
- Contract length: From start date one year fixed term contract. Strong intention of extension into a rolling agreement, based on performance. 3 months probationary period.
- Team engagement: Member of the Global Brand Communications Team; direct coordination with Impact Hubs across the globe and a number of exciting vendors and partners.
- Location: Ideally the selected candidate is based in a location with a running Impact Hub, or is willing to relocate to an Impact Hub location at own cost. Please be mindful that the majority of the global team is in the European timezone.
- Remuneration (independent contractor): 4500-5500 Euros gross per month, incl. cost of living adaptation to the respective country of the applicant.
- Allowances and other contributions: full coverage of costs to attend requested internal/external workshops, conference and events; membership at Impact Hub; other expenses (i.e. phone etc.) on a needs basis; 25 days holidays and additional development days; access to all company systems for work and communication.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit your application at email@example.com with the title “Global Communications Director” by January 6th. Applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
- The application should include:
- A CV
- A short description of why you and Impact Hub are made for each other, what you could bring to this position and what you see as the biggest opportunity for our communications in order for our global Impact Hub brand to thrive and be more engaging
- 3-4 references or work examples (either link to your work or offer practical insights)
- Two notes of recommendation from professional contacts including direct contact details
- Preferred starting date for the position: February or as soon as possible based on negotiation.
- Please note that candidates will only be considered if all required documentation is provided.
- Upon initial screening, additional interviews as well as assignments – i.e. case studies, stakeholder presentations will be conducted.
- In case of any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Global Communications Director”.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED