International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the poor from violence. IJM partners local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors and strengthen justice systems.
Our Ghana Field Office is recruiting for the following positions:
- This position will lead a team of high performing criminal justice professionals to support the Ghana government to rescue children from trafficking and to charge traffickers in criminal court. The team includes lawyers, investigators, and clerks;
- This position will be charged with developing relationships with key judicial and law enforcement officials within the Ghanaian government;
- This position will develop and implement strategies to locate trafficked persons and their abusers and devise litigation strategies to ensure proper prosecutions;
- This position will organize and lead trafficking specific training and capacity building efforts within Ghanaian Law Enforcement Agencies, the office of the Attorney General and the Judicial Training Institute;
- This position will ensure the safety, physical, and spiritual health of the team; and
- This position will lead a performance based culture predicated on teamwork, integrity, trust, and dedication to the mission.
- Support Ghana Police and Prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of child/forced labor trafficking perpetrators.
- Conduct research, brief writing and oral advocacy on behalf of IJM clients.
- Track case related data on paper and electronic case tracking management systems.
- Attend and/or participate in all legal proceedings relevant to assigned cases.
- Maintain accurate and updated documentation of legal proceedings in assigned cases.
- Perform legal research and draft pleadings as necessary in assigned cases.
- Ensure legal custody of rescued children for partner shelters and compliance with child protection laws and policies.
- Identify, develop and implement capacity building programs to strengthen the Public Justice System.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of relevant laws and criminal procedures regarding investigations;
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of the modus operandi of forced labor traffickers in the project area;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all investigations, investigative strategies, and other privileged and sensitive information;
- Recruit and maintain a network of operatives and informants who provide reliable, timely and actionable information regarding cases of forced labor trafficking;
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should:
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* By E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED