Golder, a member of WSP, is a leading global specialized engineering and consulting organization with over 60 years of successful service to its clients. By joining forces with WSP in 2021, Golder is now part of a 14,000-person strong earth and environment practice, providing engineering, remediation, regulatory & compliance, design and environmental services on projects that span all seven continents.
Our professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment, and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
We are at the forefront of a larger community of experts, working to continuously drive our industry forward, and anticipate and respond to our clients’ needs.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
POSITION: Civil Engineer Intern
ABOUT THE JOB
Golder, now a member of WSP, has an exciting new opportunity for a Graduate Junior Civil (Tailings/Geotechnical) Engineer to join our Mine Waste team in Accra, Ghana.
This is a Graduate level position in the consulting team and is regarded as a professional person in the delivery of geotechnical and tailings services, in line with the Golder suite of engineering.
Key Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Assist senior engineers with tailings services and technical advice on moderate complex tailings issues to clients (external & internal) on projects within the mining industry and liaising with Golder’s advanced testing laboratory.
- Partake in TSF audits led by senior engineers
- Assist senior engineers with providing geotechnical related services to the Mine Waste unit including geotechnical modelling, analyses and design, and geotechnical investigations.
- Analyse geotechnical data, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports
- Support construction quality assurance for the construction of earth structures under the supervision of senior engineers
- Assist senior engineers synthesise and analyse data for decision making / recommendations.
- Providing safety assistance in health & safety (HSSE incident reporting).
- Assist senior engineers with planning, developing schedules and coordinating important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines.
- Assist senior engineers with preparing proposals and reports for clients and building business relationships with clients
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Related degree in Engineering in Civil or Geotechnical engineering.
- 0 – 3 Years’ experience post-graduation.
- Engineering design and / or geotechnical investigations experience (preferred).
- Exposure in design, site supervision and disposal of mining and industrial waste (preferred).
- Slope stability assessment, 3D modelling, producing drawings and sketches on AutoCAD (preferred).
- Modelling suite i.e. Civil 3D (preferred).
- MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint.
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Opportunity to work closely with our water teams in South Africa, Australia, Europe, US and Canada.
- Opportunity to work closely with our Environment, Waste and Engineering teams
- Opportunity to develop your career in the specific area of your interest.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: March 4, 2022
Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own. All qualified applicants who meet the specific criteria outlined above are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services
- P.M Renaissance Calls For Job Applications
- Jhpiego Announces New Job Vacancy
- International Potato Center Invites Job Applications
- Graduates Trainees Recruitment at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED