Category: Supply Chain
Job Status: Full Time
Education: First Degree
Job Expires: 05/02/2021
This job role is responsible for managing the proper functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage. The holder will supervise the organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet, evaluate the requirement, and ensure the proper use of all equipment/materials.
Manage logistics operations including all logistics assets to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of organisation cargoes.
Identify, mobilise resources, implement and report on special logistics operations.
Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
Ensure effective Land Transport Storage and Handling (LTSH) management including regular reviews.
Ensure effective commodity management and quality control.
Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews.
Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, and substantive units/departments.
Manage the organisations of field fleet security arrangements and coordinate any evacuations.
Support logistics staff in other offices.
Coordinate with the stores or warehouse and procurement department to efficiently undertake the logistics function.
Effective manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs with IT systems.
Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum qualification of a degree in Business Administration, Transport Management, Supply Chain, or other related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Logistics Officer in previous roles.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must have good computing skills. i.e., Microsoft Office.
- Must have good interpersonal and relational skills.
- Must possess strong technical and mechanical skills
How to Apply
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED