SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
to receive and release bodies from the mortuary, and to deal with relatives of the deceased in a sympathetic manner.
- WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
- Diploma in Anatomical Pathology or equivalent
- Membership of professional body
- At least 2 years’ experience in a mortuary and embalming. Private hospital experience is an advantage
- Ability to communicate efficiently verbally and in writing in English to members of the team and outside agencies
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to handle bodies and transfer from trolleys to post-mortem tables and into the refrigerated store.
- Ability to work accurately, neatly and efficiently
- Flexible approach to actual hours of work
- Ability to plan and organise workloadRESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To ensure that the mortuary and its equipment is maintained to the highest possible standards of cleanliness, safety and efficiency.
- To ensure that the acceptance and release of bodies into the mortuary is carried out and that all bodies are stored in proper conditions. To liaise with the portering staff who fulfil this role out of hours.
- Recordkeeping and interdepartmental liaison
- Liaison with Funeral Parlour representatives
- To prepare bodies for embalming.
- Customer liaison and facilitation. To escort relatives and deal with them in a sympathetic manner. To adhere to customer service protocols and adopt a professional approach to customer care at all times.
- To comply with the Health and Safety regulations of the department.
- To maintain adequate supplies of consumables.
- To assist in the investigation of incidents on behalf of the department, liaising with wards and departments and escalating to the Nursing manager where appropriate.
- To ensure compliance and maintenance of the document control system for the Mortuary
- To ensure prompt response to enquiries and any follow-up, including incidents, investigations and complaints.
- To participate in the induction of newly appointed nursing staff by explaining the procedure in the event of a death.HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 28TH DECEMBER 2020.
Late applications will not be considered.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED