- Company: Viamo
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 25 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will be our global Multimedia Designer, joining Viamo’s growing Marketing and Communications team. Your role is to ensure that we have high visibility as a leader within the M4D (Mobile for Development) movement, by showcasing our projects, products, impact, and achievements through multiple mediums to our current and potential clients, with the goal of increasing new business development. You will be responsible for developing and producing multimedia pieces for use on our website, social media, marketing materials, and at events that help Viamo facilitate a conversation around mobile strategies. You have the ability to share stories of impact in visually engaging and creative ways, emphasizing both the personal impact of a single beneficiary as well as the story behind impact numbers at scale.
You are a self-starter, an excellent communicator through visual means, and are extremely organized and reliable. You have a combined treasure trove of design skills including graphic illustrations, video production, and web design. It is likely that inconsistent formatting and bad design make you physically ill.
- Design, create, and maintain all visual elements of Viamo’s marketing and communication:
- Design all visual content such as vector graphics, infographics, templates, reports, one pagers, and case studies.
- Plan, produce, and create short videos such as customer testimonials, impact stories, or product demos.
- Create, edit, and maintain the Viamo website visuals as needed.
- Produce all other visual marketing materials as requested.
- Coordinate and build upon Viamo’s image library, working with freelancers to secure high-quality photos and footage.
- Create and collaborate on multimedia projects with business development and programs teams as well as agencies and other vendor partners when required.
- Contribute to brand consistency by adhering to Viamo’s brand guidelines in all work.
- Build capacity for in-country teams to create marketing materials, and edit and improve country-specific multimedia materials.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of videos, graphics, and media projects completed.
- Success of collaboration with global business development teams.
- Number of inbound leads generated through visual digital marketing.
- Increase in sales cycle efficiency: decrease in time from opportunity to won deals.
- Consistency and completion of monthly tasks.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications.
One of Viamo’s 25 offices around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Media or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of B2B/B2C marketing and design and/or experience in any combination of: social enterprise, INGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent understanding of how to use digital marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile, and reputation of an organisation.
- A strategic and creative thinker with proven experience of working on diverse and wide ranging communication strategies, including all forms of media.
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Expert in digital marketing and graphic design tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, Google Drive, video creation tools, and other marketing tools.
- Filming, video editing, and production experience.
- Experience living and working in a Viamo country in Africa or Asia.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 15 Feb. 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED