New Job Opportunities at CARE Ghana
Chief of Party at CARE Ghana
CARE Ghana seeks a governance expert to serve as Chief of Party (COP) on its anticipated USAID Governance Project. This project aims to strengthen civil society oversight of and feedback on government performance in public service delivery. Also, the project aims to support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
The Chief of Party stewards the overall vision of the project and takes responsibility for delivering project results. In addition, However, the successful candidate will have significant experience managing the program, financial, and operations of USAID. More so, The CoP leads and manages the governance project through a combination of technical leadership, and capacity-strengthening with CARE partners. This includes personnel and financial management, administrative oversight, and program quality assurance. Afterwards, The COP ensures close coordination and collaborative relations with USAID, serving as the project’s primary liaison with the Agreement Officer (AO) and their Representatives (AOR). Moreover, The COP also works closely with Government of Ghana stakeholders, civil society, the wider development sector, and other donors supporting complementary efforts. Finally, The CoP ensures CARE’s contribution to dissemination of program learning and achievements, and documentation of promising practices in programming within Ghana.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $10-15M range. The solicitation is expected to be released in May 2022 and awarded in November 2022.
Location: Accra, Ghana
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- To begin with, Oversee completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
- Afterwards, Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Also, Report on project baseline targets.
- Moreover, Manage operational, financial, and administrative priorities.
- In addition, Build partnerships among national- and community-level actors.
- More so, Function as the primary liaison between all project stakeholders.
- Direct planning and budgeting processes.
- Prepare quarterly and annual project activity reports.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Supervise performance of all long- and short-term advisors, consultants, and staff.
- Finally, Maintain productive working relationships with USAID clients, project partners, and key counterparts.
- Ten or more years of experience in social accountability and public administration, four years in a managerial or team leader capacity.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Master’s degree in project management, public financial management, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ghana governance and public administration sector, including prior CoP, Program Director, or similar managerial experience.
- Experience managing projects in Ghana, or another developing country.
- Demonstrated experience managing USAID-funded projects.
- Specific understanding of the USAID Democracy, Rights and Governance Strategy, and DRG goals under the Ghana Country Development Cooperation Strategy (preferred).
- The ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage staff.
- Have the ability to manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
How To Apply for the Chief of Party at CARE Ghana
Application Deadline : 15th May 2022
- Broadway Pharmaceuticals Invites Job Applications
- Teaching Jobs Available at a Private School
- MASSIVE RECRUITMENT || African Union Available Job Vacancies
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Job Vacancy
- Dangote Group Latest Job Opportunity
- Job opportunities at a reputable international company
- Bloomberg News Company Calls For Job Applications
- Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) Job Vacancy
- Teaching Job at a prestigious international school
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED