Takoradi Technical University invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for appointment as Nurses Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Deputising the nursing function for the Hospital
- Consistent management of the nursing units according to the mission and vision of the hospital.
- Management of nursing staff: staffing needs, allocation of staff, setting up of performance appraisals, grievances and labour relations issues, compiling and control of duty roster, leave schedules and attendance register
- Immediate supervision and mentoring of the Nursing Ward Managers in charge of the Nursing Departments
- Skills development report
- Workplace discipline report
- Ongoing monitoring and assessment of the delivery of nursing care in the Hospital
- Daily rounds in all Nursing Units – making recommendations to unit managers or team leader in charge.
- Ensures that the health status of each patient and family is assessed as outlined in the standards of nursing practices.
- Assess knowledge, skills and attitudes of personnel and identify learning needs for in-service education.
- Stock control – Ensure that monthly stock and equipment checks are done and report findings in writing to Nursing Manager. Control, monitor and analyse cost containment in and by the Units
- Regular monitoring and reporting on patient care (adverse patient events, refusal of Hospital treatment, potential litigation cases or instances of nursing negligence).
- Supervision of the development and revision of all departmental policies, procedures, in-services education programs, patient care programs and nursing standards with the approval of the Nursing Manager.
- Assist with budget reports,
- Assesses the equipment, linen and stock needs required to provide a safe therapeutic environment.
- Update and review patient care standards, policies and procedures.Qualification: Professionally qualified with a considerable period of experience
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants should include Cover Letters (indicating the position applied), Current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Certificates and Contact details of three (3) Referees.
These may be personally delivered or sent through Registered Mail to:
Takoradi Technical University
P. O. Box 256 Takoradi – Ghana
OR EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission 25th January, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED