AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Plant Shift Sectional Lead.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to oversee daily process plant operations and employee performance during their particular shift. The role also plays a significant part in the career development of plant operators by providing mentorship and implementation of career development plans.
- Actively Promote AGA Health, Safety and Environmental actions for optimum performance.
- Partake in actively-driven housekeeping and loss control.
- Complete production plans by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results and resolving operational challenges to minimize down-times as well as achieving throughput (tonnage) and Gold(Au) production targets.
- Maintain discipline and performance management among the members of the shift.
- Take appropriate actions in case of irregularities or emergencies in consultation with relevant stakeholders including plant Operators, Supervisors, Managers etc.
- Maintain set production key performance indicators (KPIs) at the various sections
- Control and reduce operational and engineering costs
- Investigate all appropriate equipment related safety and environmental incidents and implement action
- Build constructive relations with maintenance, planning, reliability engineering, metallurgical engineering, projects and dayshift operations personnel
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Process Operations Lead
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Tertiary qualification in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, Materials or Chemical engineering or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution
- Certificate of competence from Minerals Commission will be an advantage
- At least 5 years experience and with minimum of 3 years as a Shift Supervisor.
- For candidates without the stated tertiary qualification, 7 years experience with minimum of 5 years as a Shift Supervisor at the required level may be considered.Technical Competencies
- Management of plant performance and efficiency.
- Stock management and control.
- Prediction of impending process upsets with possible remedies/troubleshooting.
- Strong and proven decision-making skills.
- Should be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED