Job Status: Permanent
Experience: 5 Years
Job Expires: Jan 22,2021
PSG is a legally registered company in Ghana and is active in the oil palm plantation industry.
Plantations Socfinaf Ghana (PSG) Limitedwishes to inform all qualified and interested candidates about a vacant position in its Sustainability Department: COMMUNITY RELATIONS SUPERVISOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- As Community Relations Supervisor, you will be part of the Sustainability Department of the company, which covers HSE (health, safety & environment), community and external relations, and external communications.
- As Community Relations Supervisor, you will work closely with the community relations superintendent, and together you will form the community relations team of the department. Cooperation with the whole Sustainability Team will also be required.
- Your main goal in the position is to maintain and/or establish positive, fruitful and trust-based relationships with communities.
- You will have constant contact and interaction with communities.
- You will hold community engagement meetings with key stakeholders and representatives in the communities around the company’s concession.
- You would hold training and awareness/sensitisation programs in the communities.
- You will be part of the company’s works towards RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) certification. The certification requires communication/training of policies to communities, which you will be part of.
- Assist in report writing and data collection.
- Oversee the creation of development projects and coordinate with the rest of the organisation, when relevant.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by your Supervisor as the situation demands.
In addition to the above, the successful applicant is required to:
- Exhibit diligence, honesty, integrity and loyalty to the company throughout the employment period.
- Be responsible and accountable for any losses that the company may sustain as a result of negligence and/or bad job performance.
- Abide by the policies, regulations and operating procedures that the company shall from time to time put into place for the effective and efficient performance of its operations.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Social Science/Political Science/Urban-Rural Planning.
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification working experience in Community Relations/Development of a well-established organization.
- RSPO knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with communities and representing a company is a plus, but not required.
- Passion for communication with diverse recipients in rural areas.
- Knowledge in the use of the computer (Microsoft word, excel, and the internet i.e. e-mail, outlook and power point).
- Experience in report writing.
- Good presentation skills.
- Understanding the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS)
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Communicate in a respectful and trust-worthy manner.
- Knowledge of traditional leaders/hierarchies and customs in Akan rural communities.
- Must be fluent in English and Twi.
- Familiar with the culture and customs of the people in the Company’s catchment area and readiness to work with the people in those communities.
- Eagerness to learn and be up for a challenging work environment.
- Ability to familiarise yourself with new material, get an overview, and communicate the material in an understandable manner
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with external stakeholders and representing a company
- Multi task skills.
- High adaptability.
- Team player.
- Results oriented.
- Good ‘people’ management.
- Good relationship with all the staff, stakeholders and community members in the Company’s catchment area.
How To Apply
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED