Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To support the welding and joining of poly (HDPE) pipes, using a variety of techniques, and connecting in-pit sumps to designated ponds, in a safe and controlled manner
Essential Duties I
- Install pumps in a stage / phase approach and connect pipelines to pumps.
- Conduct inspections on the following aspects, prior to carrying out work:
- Pipelines and valves for leakages.
- Fuel level of the pump.
- Boreholes around the pit.
- Take flow readings from boreholes and report any detected issues to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Check pressure gauges, RPM’s, vacuum gauges and load factors and record these on the KPI sheet.
Essential Duties II
- Monitor the operation of the pumps to ensure that the water in the sump(s) are pumped, from the pit to the designated pond.
- Measure and align pipes for joining, using hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Conduct the construction, installation and laying of pipelines in the pit and the flipping of pipelines over high walls.
- Liaise with the Hydro technical team and submit completed KPI sheets to them.
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Dewatering Supervisor prior to the execution of activities, to determine where water will be pumped to and to ensure that the system remains open.
- MINCOM Equipment Competency.
- Driver’s License E.
- General knowledge in mid-to-heavy equipment operation.
- Senior High School Certificate.
- Welding trade test.The above duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in a polywelding / pump environment within a large open pit mine.
- Working ConditionsPosition is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit in the cabin of heavy mining equipment tracking over uneven surfaces for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, earplugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
How To Apply
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED