RADIOGRAPHER (GENERAL, MRI/CT, CATH LAB, MAMMOGRAPHY, ULTRASONOGRAPHY)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The suitable qualified, customer-focussed incumbent will form part of a team of staff in the Radiology Department responsible for the provision of a safe, efficient, high quality service working in accordance with Radiology Department protocols. The post holder will be expected to maintain and develop high standards of patient care amongst peers, colleagues and users of imaging services.
- WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
- Diploma or BSc in Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent
- At least 2 years post graduate experience in general radiography preferably in a private hospital
- Customer-oriented with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team
- Critical-thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to be creative in handling emergencies
- To be competent in patient transfer methods
- Proficiency and competency in all radiological procedures
- Flexibility of duty time to suit departmental needsRESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To maintain a safe, efficient and high standard of Radiography ensuring compliance at all times with the legislation and the radiation local rules to ensure that during the course of work standards of radiation protection are maintained for self, patients, other staff and members of the public and to act in accordance with the Radiographer Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- To be competent in patient transfer methods to comply with the Hospital’s manual handling policies and be able, physically, to perform patient transfers as a routine part of duties.
- To use effective communication skills in daily working to encourage patient understanding and compliance and to provide reassurance to reduce anxiety.
- To maintain standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the working environment and of equipment. This will include dealing with bodily fluids and dirty linen according to Health and Safety Polices.
- To be responsible for the appropriate use, storage and daily maintenance of imaging equipment.
- To maintain accuracy of input to computer records relating to Imaging examinations.
- To maintain consumables stock levels within the allocated work area facilitating optimal stock control.
- Excellent, patient-focussed communication skills including verbal, visual and audio signals and to adapt communications according to the diversity of individual patient needs, including those with serious illness, disability, language barriers and children.
- To demonstrate a positive professional attitude in dealing with enquiries from staff, patients and relatives.
- To promote a collaborative team working environment across the department.
- To treat all individuals with respect and courtesy and ensure that all communications: verbal, written and electronic promote an open clear exchange of information.
- To maintain high levels of confidentiality and information security at all times.HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 28TH DECEMBER 2020.
Late applications will not be considered.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED