DIRECTOR, LEGAL & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
A state owned enterprise seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the above-mentioned vacancy in its Legal and International Relations Department
Under the General supervision of the Director-General, the successful candidate will plan, develop, and implement strategies to ensure the effective administration of the Legal and International Relations Department in the Authority.
Ensure the provision of legal services to the Board of Directors and the Authority at large as well as provide secretarial and insurance services.
Provision of Legal services extend to representation in court, and the management of the international relations of the Authority.
- Be responsible for the administration and management of Legal and International Relations Department
- Formulate the Legal Strategy for the Authority and a member of the Management team provides strategic advice and direction to the Director General
- Formulate an enforcement policy for regulatory functions of the Authority and ensure enforcement of the Act, its Directives, and Circulars etc,
- On behalf of the Authority, provide legal advice on issues pertaining to aviation for the guidance of the Sector Ministry
- Advice and Assist in negotiations on behalf of the Authority on the development of the law to keep within trends in the industry.
- Prepare various legal documents to safeguard the Authority’s interest and advice on the appropriateness of loan documents and all other forms of contractual obligation
- Advice all other departments on issues of legal import and is a member of the local Standing Joint Negotiating Committee
- Initiate legal action and represents the Authority in court.
- Advice on the import of air law Instruments and the need for their ratification
- With the assistance of the Estates Section, ensures that the Authority’s assets (movable and immovable) are properly documented and perfected and ensures due insurance coverage for the Authority’s assets.
- Liaise with other departments and the Attorney-General’s office to ensure
- update of legislation guiding the Authority’s operations.
- Assist in Provide donation of Air Service Agreements
- legal advice to the Board and serves as member of the Board subcommittees
- Serve on various Committees set up by the Director General.
- Develop directives
- Supervise all the job functions of the Legal Section
- Perform any other functions that may be assigned by superior.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must have
- A minimum of a First University Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university and Master’s Degree in a related field would be an added advantage
- Professional Law Certificate BL
- Practicing Certificate with minimum of fifteen (15) years post call experience Any experience in Aviation Law will be an added advantage
- Current practicing Licence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be a computer literate with skills in database entries and record keeping
- Possess effective oral and writing communication skills
- Be a team player and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be able to remain calm under stress.MODE OF APPLICATIONInterested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date of submission of application is TWO WEEKS FROM DATE OF PUBLICATION
NB: ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED