Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is Tetra Tech is seeking to hire qualified short-term and long-term technical specialists for the anticipated 5-year U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Ghana. The goal of this project is to strengthen service delivery systems in order to elicit the adoption of behaviors that promote nutrition and resilience of poor and food-insecure households in northern Ghana.
We are looking for visionary leaders, strong managers and creative thinkers who work well with partners and who have a passion for and a commitment to finding local solutions to nutrition and resiliency challenges. Ghanaian candidates, especially women, youth and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
The Senior Technical Specialists for this program will manage project efforts in one of the following areas:
Local Government Systems
Responsible for activities aimed at improving local government systems, including systems which support to the development of annual plans, the implementation of realistic budgets, and the use of data for planning and decision making.
Responsible for identifying and strengthening civil society organizations and private sector entities to implement solutions and complement government efforts to promote household nutrition and resilience.
Civil Society Engagement
Responsible for improving systems to promote citizen participation and inclusion, including in the areas of idea generation, decision making, monitoring implementation, and providing feedback.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant area (public policy, public administration, political science, law, government, nutrition, for example) preferred. A Bachelor’s degree with significant additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Masters’ degree;
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in one of the areas listed above, preferably in progressively responsible roles on a donor-funded project in Ghana;
- Understanding of Northern Ghana and the challenges in addressing poor nutrition and weak resilience in that region preferred;
- Experience managing complex assignments and supervising personnel
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
- Professional level English, both written and spoken, required.
Please note: Only Ghanaian citizens are eligible for these positions
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED