Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for University For Development Studies (UDS) Recruitment 2020/2021. The application deadline is 1st February 2021.
The University for Development Studies was established in 1992 as a multi- campus Institution:
- to provide higher education to all persons suitably qualified and capable of benefitting from such education;
- to undertake research and promote the advancement and dissemination of knowledge and its application to the needs and aspirations of the people of Ghana; and
- to blend the academic world with that of the community in order to provide constructive interaction between the two, for the total development of Northern Ghana in particular and the country as a whole.
- The Registrar is the Chief Advisor to the Vice Chancellor. In accordance with policy directives of the University Council, the Registrar is responsible, under the Vice Chancellor, for the day-to-day administration and management of the University.
- The Registrar is also Secretary to the University Council, the Academic Board, all Standing, Statutory and Ad hoc Committees and Boards of the University.
- The Registrar is responsible to Council for the custody of the University Seal, and for affixing it to University documents.
- He/She is also responsible for keeping all University records and information.
- The Registrar is responsible for exercising supervision and leadership to all Directorates, Departments, Sections and Units, under the Registry, and across a wide range of activities.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have the following:
- at least a Masters Degree in Educational Administration, Administration in Higher Education, General Management or any relevant discipline:
- with not less than 15 years post -qualification working experience in a Public University, with a minimum of 5 years at the grade of Deputy Registrar.
- a senior management experience in a large, complex and decentralized organisation, preferably in an academic/research institution for a minimum of 15 years.
In addition, applicants must:
- be dynamic with extensive administrative, management, leadership and professional competencies;
- have evidence of in-depth knowledge and application of administrative systems and procedures;
- have strong intellect with excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- demonstrate ability to develop, articulate and implement strategic thrusts, especially in an academic working environment;
- understand the history and evolution of Universities, local higher education policy and practice, and the social, political and economic environment in which Ghanaian Universities operate;
- have evidence of creativity, innovation and change management in higher education administration;
- have a sound appreciation of emerging global trends in higher education;
- be computer literate;
- have considerable experience in dealing with a variety of internal and external publics;
- be of unblemished character, principled with strong sense of public morality and integrity; and
- be of mature and sober judgement.
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
As applicable in Public Universities in Ghana, and as determined by Council, consistent with the University’s Act and Statutes.
Mode of Application
- Applicants are to complete the UDS Online Senior Members Application Form by visiting https://jobs.uds.edu.gh
- Applicants are required to print Three (3) copies of the completed application
summary, together with their Curriculum Vitae, certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees, and any other relevant documents
- A brief Statement, minimum of three (3) pages and a maximum of five (5) pages,outlining the vision of applicant for UDS, and the strategies for achieving it, during his/her tenure as Registrar. The UDS Strategic Plan can be located here.
- Applicants must always quote the Form Identification Number as reference in all their correspondence.
- Hard copies of the application are to be submitted to;
Search Committee for the Appointment of Registrar
c/o Vice-Chancellor’s Office
University for Development Studies
P. O. Box TL1350
- Soft copies of application should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further information about the University for Development Studies can be found on the UDS website at www.uds.edu.gh
The closing date for submission of applications is 1st February, 2021.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED