- Company: Unicef
- Location: Ghana
- State: Northern Region
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job: Budget Associate at Unicef
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone and we never give up.
For every child, hope
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child and it was enacted immediately. Since then the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
In collaboration with local authorities, non-governmental organizations and community partners, UNICEF is working in all the governorates in Yemen to respond to the needs of children throughout the country with a continuum of services to help children survive and grow to their full potential through the following programmes: Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Basic Education, and Child protection.
For more on our work in Yemen, please visit our website: https://www.unicef.org/yemen/
How can you make a difference?
Below Are The Key Responsibilities Of This Function
Under the supervision and guidance of the Programme Budget Specialist, the Budget Associate is responsible for executing a broad variety of procedural and specialized budget tasks for the respective Unit requires in-depth knowledge of UNICEF budget procedures, processes and policies.
- Carries out transactions in VISION
- Provides support on the development of the Contributions Management & Budget team site
- Carries out regular VISION and Insight reporting pertaining to programme related grants
- Drafts periodic and ad-hoc financial reports/PPP relating to budget allocation and utilization
- Supports the drafts of monitoring and reporting information for the management on financial performance indicators
- Supports the capacity development activities
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the budget monitoring
For more information of the Job Profile, please press CTRL and double-click on this document: Budget Associate GS6 – Signed.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant finance or budget work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Arabic is considered as an asset.
Other Required Skills & Abilities
- Advanced skills using in Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- Knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- SAP knowledge will be an asset.
- Organization, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different nationals and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and core competencies are Builds & Maintains Partnership; Demonstrates Self-Awareness & Ethical Awareness; Drive to Achieve Results for Impact; Innovates and Embraces Change; Manages Ambiguity and Complexity; Thinks and Acts Strategically and Works Collaboratively with Others.
- Analyzing (Il)
- Learning and Researching (Il)
- Planning and organizing (Il)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (Il)
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply and please see our Entitlements & Benefits for our female staff: Female Entitlements Edited2.jpg
“UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.”
Method of Application
Closing Date : 11 Feb. 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED